Thursday, July 2, 2009

Books and all things lovely


Tia, my bestie, and I went and saw this yesterday. It is My Sister's Keeper based on the book by Jody Piccoult. I loved the book (maybe not the ending) and liked the movie. If you only see the movie...you will be doing yourself such a disservice! The book is SO MUCH BETTER. The layers are all there to uncover and dream about. The movie is very one dimensional in comparison. However, we did cry all the way through but more because of Tia's Mom's situation than actual sympathy for the characters. It was just too real life to what's going on in her life right now. We went to Northrock and saw it at 10:40 a.m.! Can you believe they show movies then? It's so early but because of that we were one of only 6 patrons in that particular theater! Awesome so we could talk and cry and be silly. Just like we besties love to be. I love that girl and I love that our relationship doesn't even need words.


This is the book I just finished. It was a great book. Really different and would make an absolutely AWESOME movie if they stayed true to the story. I love Judith Hendricks. She also wrote two of my other favorite books...one being...

After reading it I only wanted to make these....

always and forever. It just made me want to knead dough and have lots of starters and pans and flour laying around.

Isn't that what books are supposed to do? Inspire us to live and see things a little differently than we did when we opened the first page? I love it when I read something and my whole world opens up from the printed font on the page. Books..yum!

No comments: