Summer is my favorite time of year and I can't wait for my kiddos to be done with school for this year. They only have about a week left and it is going to be wonderful to have them out. I love everything about letting them sleep in and going to bed late if we so choose. I just loved that kicked back feeling.
My top ten for summer are:
1. Reading, reading, reading. Having time to read lots of books and go to the library. Reading in the backyard, in the air conditioned living room, at the lake, etc.
2. Going on walks early in the morning or late at night. I love that hot weather!
3. Working in my flower garden early in the morning while it is still a bit cool.
4. The ice cream man and popsicles. I love going on spontaneous ice cream runs and getting Sonic cherry limeades during happy hour.
5. Grilling out!
6. Picnics and going to the lake. Roasting marshmallows and hotdogs.
7. Lighting my chimenea at night and smelling that wonderful pinon pine.
8. Riding around in Jim's jeep with the top off. Feeling the wind blowing in our hair and just enjoying the sights and smells of the area.
9. Eating light and enjoying salads, farmer's markets, lemonade and all the things that just taste better in the summer.
10. Summer vacation. Packing up the car, kids, dogs and heading off for a week of fun.
19 Makeup Hacks That Anyone Can Use
21 hours ago