Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Ironing and Baseball and Random Thoughts

My day today has been spent making up for Jim's day off from work yesterday. Isn't that the way it always is? Instead of keeping my usual schedule, I let everything go and lazily sat around with him. We did take Sweet Baby M to Applebee's for lunch which was a treat and then Jim took her to get her first checking account! Big times!

Today I have done nothing but washing and ironing. I miss the days when I dropped shirts off at the dry cleaners and never paid them any attention until I picked them up and hung them, freshly ironed, in the closet. This ironing is painful! I love ironing flat things, but shirts...ugh. I need a better iron for sure!

Tonight Big D is supposed to have his first baseball game of the season. We will see if it happens since it has been drizzly all day. I think it's going to be too wet. He won't be too sad as then he can go to youth group. He has just begun to attend and really loves it. He is reading his bible in his room (makes my heart so happy!) and is such a good boy. He needs good friends and a group to interact with.

I need to return library books on my way to pick up Big D. Hopefully baseball will be called off and we will have a quiet night at home.

No comments: