Saturday, March 27, 2010

Cleaning Up

This is probably VERY pathetic to admit but one of my favorite days of the month is the day that The Cleaning Authority comes to clean my house. They come every other week and it is just such a blessing that I can barely stand it. It makes me love my husband immensely that he pays for it! Of course, every day there is picking up and maintenance...I still have to clean the toilets a couple times a week, wipe up and vacuum BUT I don't have to scrub the bathrooms and I barely have to dust anything. It's wonderful.

There is just one little problem. I hate being HERE when they come to clean. I feel like I distract them and it always makes me feel guilty and bad about myself. So..I used to just hang out in the laundry room and catch up on laundering and read but NOW..I almost always go and have coffee and a bagel at Panera. It's like my twice a month treat and I really love it so much! I take my Bible, whatever Bible study I'm working on at the time and spread out and spend two hours really paying attention to it. It's wonderful and the longest stretch of time I really have to devote to study.
I always feel like it's my mini-vacation. Sometimes I take a couple cookbooks and do some menu planning for the week. Coming home to a perfectly clean house is a delight that I do not take lightly!

No comments: