Saturday, June 20, 2009

Mommy



Yesterday these people both called me "Mommy" but for different reasons. I don't get called Mommy all that much anymore. Most of the time it's just Mom.
The volleyball player happened to have her cell phone stolen from her yesterday while swimming at the YMCA. That led to a panicked phone call from a friend's phone..."Mommy, I've been robbed!". It scared me clean out of my skin. Hours later the stolen wallet was recovered with everything still inside but the phone is gone. New phone purchased, crisis resolved. She feels violated but she's safe and that's all I care about. I'm glad Mommy was on call to swoop in and save her.
The big boy with the dog just said it (and in front of a friend even!) when I was walking by his bedroom. "Hey Mommy, what's up?".
I love that!
I want to be thought of as Mommy forever, even if they don't verbalize it. I have loved every step of being these two's Mommy...even more so now that they are older.

No comments: