Sunday, March 29, 2009

Sour Cream Coffee Cake


This recipe is nothing new but it is such a yummy coffee cake (or anytime cake) that I thought I'd add it to my blog. It is fail-proof. Big D seemed to really enjoy it this morning when he finally rolled out of bed at 10:00!

Sour Cream Coffee Cake
1 C. butter, room temperature
2 C. sugar
2 lg. eggs
2 C. flour
1 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. salt
1 C. sour cream
1 tsp. vanilla
For Streusel Swirl
1 Tb. sugar
1 tsp. cinnamon
1 Tb. brown sugar
1/4 cup chopped nuts (optional)
Cream together the butter, sugar and eggs. Sift together the flour, baking powder and salt and slowly add it to the creamed butter mixture. Stir in sour cream and vanilla. Grease (or just spray with Pam) a bundt pan. Spread 1/2 batter in pan (it will be very thick). Sprinkle with streusel. Spread rest of batter evenly over top. Bake at 350* for 45 minutes or until a pick comes out clean.
Cool about 15 minutes in pan then invert on pretty plate.
If you choose, you can glaze with the following:
1 C. powdered sugar
1 1/2 Tb. milk
1/2 tsp. vanilla

I did not glaze mine, it was plenty sweet, but the glaze would have been a pretty finishing touch. Since mine was consumed almost as fast as it was cool...it didn't matter. I listed nuts as optional only because my anti-nut-ites would revolt. I think they are extra yummy in this. Enjoy!!

No comments: